Date: 06-20-2003, 12:16 AM (1 of 4)
I received this email from Annette today, so of course I upgraded to DS5 Pro! For only $100 extra.
Release of DS5 is now imminent. It might even be by end of day today.
For those people who were wondering if they might be interested in DS5 Pro, but wanted to see the program before deciding, the demos on the website have been completely updated. To see DS5 Pro, go to www.livingsoft.com, choose Downloads, choose Demos, click on the big red Click Here, choose Open, and pull down the Select Program menu to get Dress Shop Pro.
Among the extra features in Pro you can explore:
1. Extra buttons in the layout tool for laying out patterns in plaids (or whatever sized repeat you want), stripes and border prints.
2. Standard sizes in the Standards and Quick Fit menus, for children and men (all versions of DS5 have Misses and Women's, but only Pro has men's and children's).
3. Unlimited measurement saving (regular DS5 has the same 10-meausurement set limit as DS4).
4. Load Design feature (similar to Load Pattern which is in all DS5 programs, but Load Design scales pattern options (neckline depth changes, collar width changes) to the size of each additional person's measurements you want to import a design for).
5. Different crotch editing/shaping tool (the one in all versions of DS5 allows you to shape your crotch curve by setting the curve break point, which people with tummies have found to be critical for refining the fit of fitted pants, but the Pro version has a CAD-like drag feature that lets you micromanage the shape even further).
Our very clever beta testers have already suggested some additional features for Pro, but those are the differences for now (at least, that I can think of).
If you have already pre-ordered DS5 but you want to get the upgrade to Pro for $100 (an offer which I will keep open through the end of June, after which the upgrade will be the real price differential of $200), go to the www.livingsoft.com webstore and choose DS4 Pro and pull down the price menu that says deduct $199 from the $299 price. That will give you a $100 price on your upgrade.
We'll combine your DS4 Pro upgrade order with your DS5 upgrade to give you DS5 Pro.
By the weekend I expect the webstore to have changed, and when it does I'll have a different provision for ordering the Pro upgrade, but for now, that's the way you can do it. Those people who get their orders in by the time DS5 is released will be able to just skip DS5 and go straight to the DS5 Pro program.
If you place your order after the DS5 release, and you've already received your code for DS5 (we'll send out via e-mail at first, even for CD orders, so everyone can get theirs ASAP), there may be a bit of a delay in getting you your code, because we want to clear out all the DS5 upgrades before we
start on new sends.
Member since: 02-14-2003
Total posts: 140
Date: 06-20-2003, 12:16 PM (2 of 4)
Thanks for the posting of information about Ds5.
If at first you don't suceed, try-try again!
Member since: 06-02-2002
Total posts: 144
From: Aimee S
Date: 06-21-2003, 08:20 PM (3 of 4)
Last night at about 10:00 pm pacific time it was released. I downloaded and printed a pattern for a guy that is a 3 x by midnight. it is a jem. love it love it love it . it is worth the dollars. and it is easyier to use.
The more you disaprove, the more fun I am having!
User: Aimee S
Member since: 02-23-2003
Total posts: 488
Date: 07-04-2003, 08:49 PM (4 of 4)
I tried to order the quickfit program but the shopping cart wouldn't come up tonight. :(
Member since: 01-16-2001
Total posts: 184
Visit Sew Whats Up for the latest sewing and quilting tips and discussions.
This page was originally located on Sew Whats New (www.sew-whats-new.com) at http://www.sew-whats-new.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-10227.html
Sew Whats Up is hosted by ZenSoft