Date: 03-08-2004, 05:57 PM (1 of 2)
Great Truths About Life that Little Children Have Learned
1. No matter how hard you try, you can't baptise cats.
2. When your Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.
3. If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
4. Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
5. You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
6. Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
7. Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.
8. You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
9. Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
10. The best place to be when you're sad is Grandpa's lap.
owner/editor of Sew Whats New
Member since: 06-23-2005
Total posts: 2542
Date: 03-08-2004, 11:45 PM (2 of 2)
From personal experience, I can tell you that numbers 2 and 3 are absolutely true statements. LOL Some things about childhood will always remain with you. I had blond kinky curly hair as a little girl and it's a wonder I have any brains at all left. My mother would yank me almost bald brushing my hair and then whack me on th head with the hairbrush when I yelled, especially if she and my dad were arguing about something. Sheesh, I can still feel the pain of that torture. and as for #3, I have a lot of brothers and sisters. Great experience growing up as #3 of 14.
Member since: 05-19-2001
Total posts: 318
Visit Sew Whats Up for the latest sewing and quilting tips and discussions.
This page was originally located on Sew Whats New (www.sew-whats-new.com) at http://www.sew-whats-new.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-12274.html