Sew, What's Up

Sew What’s Up Presents

The Sew What’s New Archive

This archived content is from Mary Wilkins’ sewing and quilting message board “Sew What’s New,” which was retired in August 2007. It is being provided by “Sew What’s Up,” which serves as the new home for many members of “Sew What’s New.”
From: pucktricks
Date: 12-30-2004, 01:28 PM (1 of 8)
Where do I find this? I prefer not to buy online because I like to actually touch and know what I'm getting before I buy, but if that's all anyone has suggestions of I'll take it.
As far as I know I've never seen it at Joann's or Hancocks, but that could just be that I don't know what the official name of the cloth is.
Any help?
I'm getting ready to make curtains for some of the rooms in our new house.

User: pucktricks
Member since: 03-31-2004
Total posts: 570
From: MaryW
Date: 12-30-2004, 01:45 PM (2 of 8)
The home dec. dept. in any fabric store will probably carry it. It really keeps out all the light.
owner/editor of Sew Whats New
User: MaryW
Member since: 06-23-2005
Total posts: 2542
From: pucktricks
Date: 12-30-2004, 06:07 PM (3 of 8)
Cool, I guess I just haven't noticed it because I haven't been looking for it before.
Thank you.

User: pucktricks
Member since: 03-31-2004
Total posts: 570
From: plrlegal
Date: 12-30-2004, 08:46 PM (4 of 8)
pucktricks I'm pretty sure that my local Hancock's carries it. I'll bet if you asked at your local Hancock's, they'll have it in the drapery department.

User: plrlegal
Member since: 05-19-2001
Total posts: 318
From: Martha
Date: 12-30-2004, 10:23 PM (5 of 8)
Ticia - I would suggest using 3 pass blackout. This is a white fabric on both front and back with the insulated blackout layer sandwiched in between. The 2 pass black out is white on one side with a greyish black on the reverse. This can change to look of the color of your drape if you put the grey side against your face fabric, or it will give you a dirty grey look from the outside if you use it the other way. If you can't find any locally, I can send you a sample.
User: Martha
Member since: 12-30-2000
Total posts: 44
From: pucktricks
Date: 12-31-2004, 09:44 AM (6 of 8)
Thank you Marta, I'll probably be going to look sometime next week to see what I can find.

User: pucktricks
Member since: 03-31-2004
Total posts: 570
From: karenthibodeau
Date: 01-01-2005, 03:35 PM (7 of 8)
It is also called sunout.... in many faberic stores.
User: karenthibodeau
Member since: 12-31-2004
Total posts: 9
From: Sherri
Date: 01-01-2005, 04:43 PM (8 of 8)
Any one know of a Canadian on line source. I live approximately a million miles away form anything usefull.
My website
User: Sherri
Member since: 02-07-2001
Total posts: 357
Sew, What's Up
Search the “Sew What’s New” Archive:
Visit Sew What’s Up for the latest sewing and quilting tips and discussions.
This page was originally located on Sew What’s New ( at