Sew, What's Up

Sew What’s Up Presents

The Sew What’s New Archive

This archived content is from Mary Wilkins’ sewing and quilting message board “Sew What’s New,” which was retired in August 2007. It is being provided by “Sew What’s Up,” which serves as the new home for many members of “Sew What’s New.”
From: Gina Handy
Date: 08-13-2005, 12:30 PM (1 of 3)
Anyone know where I can buy parts for this machine? Need a new Presser Foot Holder, but can't find anything on the web. I bought the machine new, and have used it regularly for all these years, but now it is a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...
User: Gina Handy
Member since: 08-13-2005
Total posts: 1
From: Kylnne2
Date: 08-13-2005, 01:43 PM (2 of 3)
Gina, are you referring to a low shank foot holder? I believe this part is pretty universal. Have you tried your local sewing machine repair. I believe parts for your machine should be available.
User: Kylnne2
Member since: 07-10-2004
Total posts: 629
From: June Harlow
Date: 08-13-2005, 03:44 PM (3 of 3)
Gina: I have a Wards UHT J1273, (which is should be similar to yours) and as Klynne says, it takes a standard low shank presser foot ( . You should try going to somewhere like a JoAnn Fabric Superstore and pick up a complete presser foot holder assembly (the part that attaches to the machine with the thumbscrew) If you get a snap-on presser foot holder then you can use the more modern snap-on feet. Good Luck !
June ~

"If only I could find that missing pattern piece!"

June sews on a Pfaff 1209 and a Babylock 5180 serger
User: June Harlow
Member since: 05-30-2005
Total posts: 100
Sew, What's Up
Search the “Sew What’s New” Archive:
Visit Sew What’s Up for the latest sewing and quilting tips and discussions.
This page was originally located on Sew What’s New ( at