Sew, What's Up

Sew What’s Up Presents

The Sew What’s New Archive

This archived content is from Mary Wilkins’ sewing and quilting message board “Sew What’s New,” which was retired in August 2007. It is being provided by “Sew What’s Up,” which serves as the new home for many members of “Sew What’s New.”
From: MaryW
Date: 07-30-2007, 01:47 PM (1 of 2)
This was sent to me today. If you can help, please post here, thanks.

I watched an episode of Sew Much More on TV recently where the teacher
was making a muslin for fitting a pattern. Under the pattern when she
traced it were large pieces of dressmaker's carbon (it was actually
waxed) so that as she traced around the pattern on the sewing lines
with a tracing wheel, the pattern was transferred to the underside of
the fabric. I have searched futilely for large dressmaker's carbon
paper on the web. Can someone direct me to a place where I can
purchase some? The pieces I find are much too small and are not waxed.
owner/editor of Sew Whats New
User: MaryW
Member since: 06-23-2005
Total posts: 2542
From: Skye
Date: 07-30-2007, 05:04 PM (2 of 2)
I use the Burda tracing "carbon"paper comes in packs with 2 different colours white/yellow and red/blue
I have only been able to get the white/ yellow packs lately here in NZ which is a pain because I use it to trace off my patterns on to white interfacing.
My local fabric shop gets it in for me
User: Skye
Member since: 09-28-2000
Total posts: 233
Sew, What's Up
Search the “Sew What’s New” Archive:
Visit Sew What’s Up for the latest sewing and quilting tips and discussions.
This page was originally located on Sew What’s New ( at