Sew, What's Up

Sew What’s Up Presents

The Sew What’s New Archive

This archived content is from Mary Wilkins’ sewing and quilting message board “Sew What’s New,” which was retired in August 2007. It is being provided by “Sew What’s Up,” which serves as the new home for many members of “Sew What’s New.”
From: ambarlina
Date: 04-21-2005, 07:19 PM (1 of 4)
Hi, Ladies!
I am kind of new to this, I need help!
I read on my instructions that for me to create the narrow rolled hem, I had to locate the removable stitch finger and place it on off, I have no idea what or where that is located on my machine, and I can't find my cd...
Thanks for any help!
God bless,
User: ambarlina
Member since: 04-21-2005
Total posts: 1
From: Kylnne2
Date: 04-23-2005, 04:39 AM (2 of 4)
OOOh this is a bit hard to explain but easy to show someone. The finger can be changed different ways on different models. I don't know your model. Some have a finger that drops, some models have a little button you pull back on to change the finger and other models you have to change the needle plate. The stitch finger sort of determines the stitch width of the threads that loop around it. On your serger..take a look by your needles..where the threads are close to the stitch finger which is in the threads. A smaller finger is for the narrow rolled hems and a wider finger is used for regular 4 thread serging etc.
User: Kylnne2
Member since: 07-10-2004
Total posts: 629
From: Sew-it-seams
Date: 05-31-2005, 08:16 PM (3 of 4)
Hi, I have the same model and fairly new at it myself. If you go to you can download the manual.

Under To Buy, click on Buy Accessories & Supplies, then in the left column click Home Sewing & Embroidery, then Supplies & Accessories. Just click on the model #1034D, then click on Free Owners Manual Download.
User: Sew-it-seams
Member since: 04-27-2004
Total posts: 9
From: westbrook
Date: 05-31-2005, 10:44 PM (4 of 4)
sitting in front of your serger... press on the foot controller .....slowly serge. See where the thread is forming a chain around this thing that looks like a flat metal finger? that is the stitch finger.

I don't have your machine but it may have to be pulled out or pushed down. Since you say it is 'removable' that tells me you you have to pull it out... but then to 'place it on off' confuses me.... not to worry, it don't take much to confuse me!

User: westbrook
Member since: 12-13-2004
Total posts: 35
Sew, What's Up
Search the “Sew What’s New” Archive:
Visit Sew What’s Up for the latest sewing and quilting tips and discussions.
This page was originally located on Sew What’s New ( at