Date: 07-13-2007, 04:52 PM (1 of 4)
(For our Arizona friends:
IT IS SO HOT IN ARIZONA THAT:
1. BIRDS HAVE TO USE POTHOLDERS TO PULL WORMS OUT OF THE GROUND
2. POTATOES COOK UNDERGROUND, JUST PULL ONE OUT AND ADD SALT AND PEPPER
3. FARMERS FEED THEIR CHICKENS CRUSHED ICE TO KEEP THEM FROM LAYING HARD BOILED EGGS
4. TREES ARE WHISTLING FOR THE DOGS
5. YOU EAT HOT CHILES TO COOL OFF YOUR MOUTH
6. SEAT BELTS MAKE A PRETTY GOOD BRANDING IRON
7. WHEN THE TEMPERATURE DROPS BELOW 95 DEGREES YOU FEEL CHILLY
8. IN JULY, IT ONLY TAKES TWO FINGERS TO DRIVE A CAR
9. HOT WATER COMES OUT OF BOTH TAPS
10. YOU ACTUALLY BURN YOUR HAND OPENING THE CAR DOOR OR TOUCHING THE STEERING WHEEL.
AND IT REALLY IS THAT HOT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
So little time, sew much to do...........
Member since: 10-16-2005
Total posts: 342
Date: 07-13-2007, 05:14 PM (2 of 4)
I can relate to 6-10 (although for 8 it's Jan/Feb). Thankfully only for a couple of months of the year though.
Member since: 09-08-2006
Total posts: 901
Date: 07-14-2007, 01:46 AM (3 of 4)
|I can relate to several of those, but especially to #4 since we've been having a drought. It finally rained a little for several days, but hardly more than a steady sprinkle.||
Member since: 03-21-2000
Total posts: 2116
Date: 07-17-2007, 10:16 PM (4 of 4)
Being from AZ I can relate to all of it!! and it's true! The high yesterday was something like 114 (in the shade at the airport) 25 miles away in the sun driving on the streets it was 123!!! yes, it gets that hot here.
The list was great-made me laugh!
Member since: 12-02-2004
Total posts: 2345
Visit Sew Whats Up for the latest sewing and quilting tips and discussions.
This page was originally located on Sew Whats New (www.sew-whats-new.com) at http://www.sew-whats-new.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-22864.html